Wednesday, April 13, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week 12: Movies


Period History movies are me.  Good or bad, I love them.  Braveheart, my favorite.  Rob Roy, another favorite.  Both of those movies I went to the theater to see over and over again just so I could see Scotland on the big screen.  To this day I still watch them often.  Rob Roy is my go to "put in DVR, lay in bed and fall asleep 10 minutes later" movie.  Dangerous Beauty, Elizabeth, Elizabeth the Golden Age and The Other Boleyn Girl; even Somersby and it wasn't a great movie!  Patriot is another one!  I can go on and on.  

Anything that takes me back... love 'em.    The shocker of all.  Transformers.  I know!  Insane, right?  I didn't even want to see it but I went with my friend because he wanted to go see it and I remember I had a migraine and when the fighter plane went sideways between buildings of the City I thought for sure I would be sick right there.  But when we walked out of that movie, I had a new favorite movie and I have no idea why!!  I used to vaccuum up Transformer pieces when my son was a child.  I had no bond with Transformers other than the damage of my foot when I stepped on pieces.  It is not the greatest movie ever but it is on my top 5 list.  Sad, isn't it?  Haha.

I do miss Drive-In theaters.  They are gone from my area and I think they were one of the best things going.  It is a shame how some things fade out of style then disappear. A summer night at the drive in was a great place to be.


No comments: